EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA– The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Eastern Pennsylvania District Office announces its 2018 Small Business Week Award Winners. The District will also recognize Small Business Week Award Winners during its annual “SBA Awards Ceremony” event May 15 and will pay visits to the award winners during the first week of May. (For more information about attending the ceremony, visit https://sbaawards-easternpa.com)
SBA’s Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Awards winners are selected annually from nominees located across Pennsylvania’s eastern 40 counties. These events are local observances of the annual Presidentially-designated National Small Business Week, which recognizes the small business community’s contribution to the American economy.
“Local recognition of the Presidentially-designated National Small Business Week award winners recognize the achievements of small business and the organizations that help them in eastern Pennsylvania,” said Director Antonio (Tony) Leta, SBA Eastern Pennsylvania District. “Every year the award winners honored at this event have truly distinguished themselves and represent the very best that the eastern Pennsylvania small business community has to offer.”
Being honored at the Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Awards events:
- National SCORE Chapter of the Year Award: SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon Chapter, Lebanon/Lancaster, Pa.; Robert Bewley, Chapter President.
- Eastern Pennsylvania District Small Business Person of the Year: Angelo R. Perryman, President; Perryman Building and Construction Services, Inc., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award: Kutztown University Small Business Development Center, Kutztown, Pa.; Dr. Ernie Post, Director, Kutztown University Small Business Development Center; nominated by Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers Network.
- Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Exporter of the Year Award: Klinge Corporation, York, Pa.; Henrik Klinge, Director; nominated by Martin Brill, Program Manager, International Trade, Kutztown University Small Business Development Center.
- Eastern Pennsylvania District Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year: My Independence At Home, LLC, Philadelphia, Pa.; Lisa M. Robinson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ronda M. Winfield, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer
- Eastern Pennsylvania District Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year: Ocean Eye, Inc., Elverson, Pa.; Chris Gabel, President; nominated by Martin Brill, Program Manager, International Trade, Kutztown University Small Business Development Center.
- Eastern Pennsylvania District Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year: JAMA Enterprises DBA Strategic Consulting Partners, Mechanicsburg, Pa.; Monica Ann Gould, President; nominated by Rebecca Hollenbach, Director of Operations, Strategic Consulting Partners.
- Eastern Pennsylvania Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Gilson Snowboard & Ski Co., Winfield, Pa.; Nicholas Gilson, CEO; nominated by Dennis Hummer, Business Consultant, Bucknell University Small Business Development Center.
Every year since 1963 SBA takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from across the nation through National Small Business Week. This year’s National Small Business Week will be held during the week of April 30 to May 4 in Washington, D.C. During National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration will recognize and award outstanding small business owners from around the country. Additionally, recognition and educational events throughout SBA’s 10 Regions and 68 Districts will be held throughout the week.
To request an interview or photographs, please contact Robert Goza, SBA’s Public Information Officer in the Philadelphia District Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-382-3084.